Understanding Cultural Differences
Living and working abroad can be an enriching experience. Many young managers know, moving up the ladder of success means being able to take on a work assignment located outside their country. Although enriching, the experience can cause a reduction in the productivity of the person working abroad. Along with taking on new duties, the person finds him or herself confronted with communication problems that were never there before, or constantly mismatched expectations from team members and colleagues. It is not uncommon for overseas assignments to end before the expected term. Use our training and coaching to prepare your managers for their next overseas assignment.
- Learn the phases of culture shock and how to transition through them smoothly.
- Understand why people react positively or negatively in a new culture.
- When you’re ready to throw it all away and jump ship, use our 5-Step Method to get back on board.
Leading Intercultural Teams
If you are a manager between 25 and 35, the likelihood of your working on an international team is higher than ever before. Whether your international colleagues are working with you in your home country or you are being flown to a foreign location, you will benefit from our workshops for managers. This workshop includes:
- Learn methods for leading and managing others
- Learn about group dynamics
- Understand sources of conflict and methods to resolve conflict in groups
- Quickly ascertain whether problems are coming from cultural differences or group dynamics
The Global Leader
You’ve already been working with people from different nationalities for a long time, and have already experienced your foriegn assignments? You are in a higher position now and leading an entire department, division or an entire company. You are making changes which effect entire industries and global markets. This individual training is created especially for people like you–the global leader. In this training you will learn what it means to bring groups of people from different nationalities together and to build a company whose goal it is to create a better way of life for those who work for the company. This workshop is only offered on a private basis, includes travel to other countries with a coach and is accompanied by 12 months of private coaching.